Saturday, June 10

Favorites

I thought I would write about a few of my favorite things.

This is a picture of my garden last August. We plant tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, all different kinds of squash, peas, green beans, and carrots. I hope at some point for this to be my Blog Heading. If anyone has any ideas on that I would appreciate some help.



Here is one of my favorite pictures of my kids, Jessica and Matthew. It was taken 2 years ago, when Marshall's sister was married, but it shows their cute personalities as they still are.




Aida is my favorite musical right now. It is the story of a Nubian princess who was captured by the Egyptians. She falls in love with a soldier who is promised to the Egyptian princess. It is a great love story with many other themes that really get you thinking. And the music is fabulous. If you ever have the chance to see it you should. It is well worth the time and money spent.

What are some of your favorite things?

6 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, your garden is amazing. I actually emailed you the other day and answered all your blog-related questions but right when I sent it our internet went down for 2 days. So now I'm trying to motivate myself to retype the info, sorry about that. My point is, Randy is teaching me some photoshop and how to make banners so when I can actually do that by myself I'd be happy to help you turn that photo into a banner.

As for my favorite things, hmmmm.
My family, my friends, my camera, my computer and internet, good books, drive-thrus, shakes, ranch dip with chips, romantic comedies, my scrapbook room, going to bed, the light at sunset, watching the birds on our birdfeeder, and my huge mug of ice water...to name a few.

Bond Girl 007 said...

I hear great things of AIDA but havent' had a chance to see it. I love musicals...and especially the MISERABLES which will be in town soon...I should go see it again! Favorite things.....OH the list is long....but I am too tired to go on rambling so I will say a couple of things...my down comforter and my new down pillow! I absolutely adore them! Stationary and books I recently bought! Clocks and watches...I could go but I am sleepy.
tata

Anonymous said...

Your garden is breath taking. I have many favorite things: good music, good friends, BBQ chopped chicken salad from CPK, ritter sports bar with hazelnuts, my new bathroom and my new kitchen floor, my family...

Amy said...

I love this post! I always have it in the back of my head to do this, but never get around to it. Actually I'd love to do a running scrapbook about my favorite things but that takes a lot more motiviation to scrap than I currently have.

Your garden is amazing! I'm truly envoius. I just came to the realization that you have to have a large garden to sustain the usage you might get. I have a dream of having an herb garden, but know that I would use the herbs much faster than 1 or two plants could sustain (that's when I start cooking again!).

The photos of your children are absolutely adorable! I especially like the one on the left where they're kissing each other. How sweet!

I've heard wonderful things about Aida, but have never gotten to see it. Has it ever come to Ssalt Lake? My favorite musical of all time is Les Miserables. I'm going to do a post about it soon. I've been listening to it a lot lately to remind me why in the world I ever thought I'd want to read the unabridged version of the novel!

Anonymous said...

I have seen so many plays, but I haven't seen Aida. We're going to Wicked in July, and I'm really excited.

You're kids are adorable.

everything pink! said...

your garden is amazing!