Thursday, June 22

Same Old, Same Old

Well I find myself with nothing important to say. My life is back to normal and things are going good. Jessica had a bunch of seizures Monday night/Tuesday morning. We had to give her medication to get the seizures stopped and so for two days she wasn't really able to do much because she was so drugged up. But she is better now and having fun.

She loves to play football with Matthew. They are doing better at being able to play together. It makes life easier for everyone.

Today they wanted to get out this tent. We earned it with Huggies points a few years ago. It is one of their favorite things, but takes up so much space I rarely get it out.
The other day on one of my posts I said I needed a blogging for dummies book, kind of as a joke. I mentioned it to my sister-in-law too, and later that night she knocked on the door. She said, "I was at the library and I found this book for you." It is The Complete Idiots Guide to Creating a Web Page & Blog. I laughed so hard, but have actually been reading it. I am learning a few things.
Wednesday Mattie went with Becky (my sister-in-law), Julia, and Nathaniel (his cousins) to the library for story time. They asked what you want to be when you grow up and he said, "a swordfighter." That is so typical. He cracks my up all the time.
What kinds of things are you doing to keep the kids busy for summer? I need some suggestions because I am trying to put together a summer schedule so we don't waste all our time in front of the TV.

6 comments:

Amie said...

My kids are a little bit older but we have a chore list everyday that they have to do before TV or friends. We are trying to go to 7 Peaks one day a week, the ward is having an activity one day a week, we are doing t-ball and tennis right now, Jessica has achievement days, one day we usually run errands, I am trying to be better about having friends over more (they play so well together that it is hard for me to bring on the additional kids voluntarily - they forget to ask for friends most days). That's about it, nothing too exciting but it seems to keep us busy. When they were younger we LOVED the park, free and it felt like an afternoon off for me to just sit and read or talk to a friend if someone went with us.

Jana said...

I want to know more about your daughter's seizures. I have epilepsy and have now gotten it under control in the last couple of years. I hope that your daughter is OK.

At the beginning of the summer, I sat down with the kids and wrote down a list of everything that we wanted to do this summer. The kids clean their rooms, do their chores, and practice the piano, and then we try to do one thing on our list. (That list includes even the smallest things like playing on the slip-n-slide in the backyard.)

Bond Girl 007 said...

OH man Julie....she looks just like you! both of them actually! that is funny "julies chiquitos!" I can't believe you are reading that book! I am sure you will share some insights if you do find them!

Julie said...

Jana, I have epilepsy too, but have been under fairly good control since I was in High School. I had one seizure after each baby was born, for lack of sleep. I would be happy to talk more with you about Jessica's seizures. Email me at missfanuly@hotmail.com

Jill said...

I'm so sorry about Jessica's seizures, that's got to be so hard on all of you. I'm glad she's feeling better.

You'll have to post your new insights after reading your Idiot's guide to creating a blog, sounds interesting. (I see you now have links, excellent.)

As for summer stuff, that's kind of hard when they're little and you need to do a lot with them (as opposed to them playing with friends on their own). I would have tv time, work time, play time, nap time, and a general outline for how you'd like your day to go. You could plan a couple fun outings a week to parks, free activities, or friends' houses just to mix things up a bit.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.