Saturday, June 17

My Crazy Week

This week has been so unusual for me. I typically am home all day, and don't go many places unnecessarily.

Tuesday night I had to be a pack meeting. I am the Cub Committe Chairperson. It was fun for the boys, the theme was Invent a Reason To Celebrate!! I think we should all do this more often. There are so many things we take for granted that if we could just think of one thing to celebrate each day we would be much better off. I suppose this is a similar concept to the gratitude journals. After pack meeting I went to a scrapbook night for Relief Society, and then I went back to church for the Key Scouter's meeting.



Wednesday we went to the Strawberry Days Rodeo. I've been telling my kids for months (since we saw the sign on the way home from Horseback riding lessons), that I would take them when it came. So off we went to the Rodeo. I wasn't prepared at all. We all wore shorts, no jackets, etc. It was a cold night. Marshall went back to the car to look for blankets and came back with the silver emergency blanket out of our 72 hour kit. I'm sure we looked hilarious sitting under it at the rodeo. We all had a good time, and Matthew liked the bull riding best.
Thursday morning we had cousins over. The kids always have a great time when they play with their cousins. Later we went to swimming lessons at the Orem Rec Center, and right after that Jessica went home with my mom (her attention span for these kids of things in non-existent), while Mattie, Marshall and I went to see Peter Pan at the Scera Shell Outdoor Theater.



During intermission they had the girls playing the indian parts running around through the audience. They would stop and study you, pick things up and look at them, etc. When they came to our blanket, Matthew pulled out his sword and they screamed and ran away. He thought that was hysterical. It was the first time we have taken him to something like this and he thoroughly enjoyed himself.

Friday I went to Webelos Twilight with the boys from our ward. The Webelos leader called me up and said she needed a second leader. I am not really available for these kinds of day activities but, she was in a bind and it was happening from 3-9 p.m. So Marshall took a couple of hours off from work to come home and watch the kids, while I went to camp. It was a pretty good time and not too stressful.

Today we are going to Heber to see my nephew in the community production of The Music Man. Hopefully it will be good, I love musicals and am looking forward to it. However, I will be glad to have my boring old life back next week.

P.S. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get links on my webpage? I still haven't figured out how to link sites.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, that really was a busy week. It cracks me up to think of you guys huddled under a reflector blanket at the rodeo. That's funny.

I'm sorry I'm such a chump and never rewrote the instructions for your links. I'll email you.

Amy said...

Doesn't it always seem that the weeks you think you have nothing to do turn out to be the busiest? I've been trying to find a week with nothing to do so I can just stay home but without luck. Things just keep coming up! It sounds like the things you did were really gun, though, so that makes the busy-ness easier to handle!

Bond Girl 007 said...

have no idea....why would you want to have a normal week???? I just came from vacation and I still want to keep going and going and going....

Jana said...

We missed the Strawberry Days Rodeo. We went to the Carnival instead. I hope that we can go to the rodeo next year. My kids would have loved it.

It seems like when weeks are busy, they are too busy. Why can't things be spread out?