Tuesday, June 13

Milestones

Well, I took both kids to the dentist this morning. Jessica has been before, but Matthew never has. I got a reminder call yesterday and it was a good thing because I didn't have it on my calendar. I made the appointments 6 months ago and lost the card.
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago Jessica's bottom teeth in the middle started to get loose, and whenever you try to touch them she closes her mouth. She hasn't let us anywhere near them, but the dentist said today they were both loose enough to come out. So she lost her first two teeth today. Not really noticable in this picture, but it's still a cute one.


Matthew did great too. He was so excited to go and when we got there he said, "Mom, where is the big toothbrush for giants and dinosaurs?" This idea came from Caillou. It was too funny, so the dentist had his assistant get some of the big teeth he teaches with, and a big toothbrush and let Mattie brush the teeth while he waited for his turn. He thought that was fun. The best news is neither kid had any cavitites. NO CAVITIES, HOORAY!!!!



Here he is with his swords and magic wand, cheesing it up for the camera. He is often heard to exclaim "expelliarmus, wingardium leviosa, en garde." And one weapon is never enough he has to wear them all at the same time.

The rest of the day was spent "patterning" Jessica (this is her therapy we do daily), and getting ready for Pack Meeting tonight. I am the Cub Committe Chair, even though I don't have any kids that age. So it was a really busy day for me. I am so used to staying home, that when random stuff comes up it throws off my whole day. Are any of you like that too?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to forget to make appointments for the dentist. It's just not my favorite place to be. Thanks for reminding me that it's probably time.

Bond Girl 007 said...

how nice that they like it. I am still having to take Alexei for the first time!

Jill said...

My kids were 6 and 4 the first time they went to the dentist (just last year). They did great, though Whitney had 2 cavities (she's a treat monger).

I like to stay home a lot too, so when I have a lot of things going on (like the past few weeks) it kind of throws me for a loop. I'm handling it well, but definitely looking forward to the calm week after I return from camp.

Amie said...

A day at the dentist with no cavities is definitely something to celebrate!