Wednesday, July 12

Possibilities


Well we looked at this house for the second time this morning. This is the back of the house and the yard is big and deep. It is probably my favorite thing about this house. In the event we wanted to later, there is enough room to add onto the house. Look at me getting ahead of myself, we haven't even bought it yet. HA!

Isn't this fireplace beautiful? It is in the living room right as you enter the house. The living room, kitchen, bathroom, and one bedroom are all tile. The back two bedrooms have carpet. I really like carpet and really don't like tile, but we will see.

This kitchen is large, if you notice they have room for two full size tables, but the counter space leaves a lot to be desired. There are not a lot of cabinets either, but there is a pantry with shelving at the end of this kitchen. It is a pretty good size pantry, but not large by any stretch.

This is the biggest drawback of this house for me. The washer and dryer hookups are in the bathroom. The wall you see in this picture is the washer/dryer and sink. The other side you can't see is the tub/shower and toilet. This is the only bathroom in the house. YUCK!
Well, as you can see we are thinking long and hard about this one. To me it seems small with a lot of possibilities, but then you have to have the money to make the possibilities happen. What do you all think?

8 comments:

Bond Girl 007 said...

I think you should do a list with all the cons and pros...and then weigh them in...because sometimes like having 1 bathroom would be a "no way" for me....so I would look as much as I could possibly could in the time allowed, before you get in crisis mode and get the first thing that comes along even though it is not your favorite! I am a family room/kitchen kind of girl....so that space would be super important for me....so look at your preferences, and what you can do without or with....

jenn said...

Julie- I have seen your name on my blog but never really got an introduction. I decided to come check yours out today and SO funny, we are both struggling with house hunting! Do you really like having a realtor? My husband is against them so we are trying this on our own. Like you, we can not find a house without a lot of cons and never seem to find a house that fits us for a price we can afford! Why can't you find a home when you work hard and make a decent salary?! UUGH! Good luck with your hunt!

Julie said...

Yes Jenn, we do like her. She is actually a friend who happens to be a realtor, but she is great. She knows about all kinds of programs to help you with the cost of the house. There is one called Loan to Own. If you but a house that is over 30 years old they giver you a loan up to 20% or 15,000 I think. It is a zero percent interest loan and if you live in the house 10 years the loan is forgiven. That is helpful. If not, you have to pay some of it back, but anyway. There are many programs like that which I don't know about and she does. That is a great benefit.

Jill said...

I think that house looks pretty good. Having a good sized, fenced yard with established trees is a huge bonus. Is there anyway you could add another bathroom later? What's on the other side of the wall from the tub and toilet? You said you'd have room to add on later too, so maybe it would be worth it to get it and then add on later when you can afford it and need the extra space. I like older houses and I love big yards!

Jill said...

One more thing, you probably wouldn't need two full size tables that close together, so you could either add another counter with lower cabinets under the window (where the one table is) or even make a counter-type thing out of MDF. It looks like a fairly good sized kitchen. I'd ditch that table.

Amie said...

Where is the house? I agree with Claudia you just have to decide what is a "deal breaker" for you. We bought a house with one bathroom, it was ok but we started with no kids and left when they were 1 and 3, we were worried about resale on a house with 1 small bathroom but it turned out ok for us. Good luck. I hate hard decisions.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Claudia too, make a list of must haves and would likes. That will help to narrow down what you can live with. When IKEA comes, they have great ideas to help with space utilization. Is it feasible to have the W/D relocated to the garage? Good luck.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.