Saturday, July 1

Changes

Well it has been a while since I posted, but this week has been very stressful. Jessica had seizures every morning. I think it is because she is coming off some of the drugs she has been on, a little bit of withdrawal. Usually she has a bunch in one day and then a few days without any. So she hasn't been feeling great this week and has been real moody. Our neighbors went on vacation to California, but our kids usually spend all day together so mine have been home this week. Kind of nice, only to have 2 not 4, but they have been lonely.
Friday morning there was a knock on the door. I opened it to find the mailman standing there with a certified letter. I knew what it was as soon as I saw it, but it was still surprising to open it and read that our landlord wants us to move out in 6 weeks so a member of his family can move in here. We have been here 4 1/2 years and knew that this could happen at any time, but still...We have been on good terms with the landlord and he has been great, I just was disappointed in getting a letter and not much notice. He could have at least told us in person. What do you think?
So yesterday I was weepy all day. Every time I talked about it I started crying. This is so unusual for me because I am not that type, in fact when I called my husband at work and started crying he said, I'd better come home. I think he has seen me cry twice (not including the hormones after birth), in the 7 years we have been married. So anyway, he took work off and came home.
Now we are in the process of getting things packed and finding a place to stay. If any of you Utah County people hear of places that are renting or selling (at a reasonable cost), please let me know as I can use as much help as I can get. We looked in PG yesterday and were surprised to find it as expensive as Lindon. We will probably have to move out of the school district we are in, which will be bad for my daughter. She has the best help she can get at the school she was supposed to be starting in the fall.
So needless to say this week has not been fun for me, sorry this is so depressing but I have to vent somewhere.

Anybody have any suggestions or know anything please let me know.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Julie! I can't believe he just sent a letter after that long- seems a little rude to me. I would be upset as well and emotional since so many things are going to be affected. What price range are you looking at and how large of a place? There are so many houses for rent around me and I would be happy to take notes when I go running tomorrow. Have you checked AF? We used to live there and it seems they have good prices for places.

Julie said...

We are looking for at least 3 bedrooms, preferably 4. And would like two levels. Probably around $150,000. The people next door to us bought their house for 140 and it is 2 levels 4-5 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, kitchen, large yard. I think they got a great deal on it somehow.

Bond Girl 007 said...

Gosh Julie, I don't know what to say! this is so sudden...and having Jessica with change in medication doesn't sound like it helps the situation. Hopefully things will work out, I think I will pray for you, that is the only thing I could do living far away. it would seem you could find something in the school district no??? I am sure something will turn out! you are pretty optimistic--don't be sad!

Jill said...

No wonder you haven't been blogging much. You're just trying to keep your head above water aren't you? I'm so sorry. I can't believe your landlord chickened out by sending a letter and giving you such short notice after living there 4 1/2 years. I'm terrified that day will come for us too and wish I didn't have to think about that possibility.

I'm sure something will work out for you guys. I know this is easy for me to say, but really and truly try to have faith and trust that the Lord will provide a better situation for you. When we were looking for places to live (back when we were miserably living at my parents' house) we couldn't have imagined finding a place as perfect as this one has been for us. We suffered for months trying to find a good place, and thought we'd found a perfect place but then didn't feel good about it. We found this house 2 months later and have been so happy here. I think of this example all the time when I think about the Lord's timing and about things ending up better than we could have imagined them.

So I will pray for you too and believe that all will work out for the best. Blogs are great for venting and pooling resources, so don't hesitate to share your feelings here.

Amie said...

I am so sorry. I am mad for you about the letter.... and certified! Do you have a city you want to stay in? I will ask around too and of course keep you in my prayers. I hope you find something really great and the Jessica has a better week this week.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the letter, what poor form. He should have had the common decentcy to inform you in person. Good luck with finding a new home.

Jana said...

I am so sorry. Change is a really hard thing for me.

I will keep my eyes open.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.